Screen and Shutter Maintenance Basics
- Regularly clean your screens and shutters around every 6 months. If you’re in a coastal environment, every 2 to 3 months is best.
- Clean them ASAP after summer, which is the busiest season for dust and grime.
- After high winds and storms, clean shutters to prevent materials sticking to the surfaces, which can damage the screens and shutters.
- Check surfaces while cleaning to ensure screens and shutters are in good condition.
- Make sure that your cleaning fluid is OK for the surface. (Acetone based cleaners, which smell like nail polish, and thinners should be avoided.)
- Do not let the control bar caps get wet. This can cause them to stick and their movement can become uncoordinated.
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners. This can be a real problem and damage the surfaces, letting in more dust and grit.
- Use a moist soft cleaning sponge or cloth.
- Use citrus cleaners, which are ideal for powder coated surfaces. They smell wonderful and help to clean the surfaces effortlessly.
The Easy Care Method
- Lockable plantation shutters
- Aluminium plantation shutters
- Aluminium shutters
- Plantation shutters
- Security shutters
- Outdoor plantation shutters
- Security screens
- Patio enclosures
- Patio shutters
- External shutters
Give us a call on 07 3808 1308 or contact us online to get the best screens and shutters for your needs.