Keeping your screens and shutters looking great can seem like a daunting job, particularly if you have them all around the house. But fortunately, there are some simple and proven techniques to keep your shutters looking their best.
Screen and Shutter Maintenance Basics
This is the easy way to reduce the hard work and make sure your screens and shutters are always looking their best:
- Regularly clean your screens and shutters around every 6 months. If you’re in a coastal environment, every 2 to 3 months is best.
- Clean them ASAP after summer, which is the busiest season for dust and grime.
- After high winds and storms, clean shutters to prevent materials sticking to the surfaces, which can damage the screens and shutters.
- Check surfaces while cleaning to ensure screens and shutters are in good condition.
- Make sure that your cleaning fluid is OK for the surface. (Acetone based cleaners, which smell like nail polish, and thinners should be avoided.)
- Do not let the control bar caps get wet. This can cause them to stick and their movement can become uncoordinated.
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners. This can be a real problem and damage the surfaces, letting in more dust and grit.
- Use a moist soft cleaning sponge or cloth.
- Use citrus cleaners, which are ideal for powder coated surfaces. They smell wonderful and help to clean the surfaces effortlessly.
The Easy Care Method
- Lockable plantation shutters
- Aluminium plantation shutters
- Aluminium shutters
- Plantation shutters
- Security shutters
- Outdoor plantation shutters
- Security screens
- Patio enclosures
- Patio shutters
- External shutters
Give us a call on 07 3041 4875 or contact us online to get the best screens and shutters for your needs.